Visit Linkscout!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

How I Failed With Affiliate Programs

A few years ago I married an Italian woman and left my Caribbean island, I came to Italy to live among pizza, spaghetti and fashion, and to work as a waiter.

One day surfing the Internet, I discovered that many people were making thousands and millions of dollars from the net, then I began to investigate how to do it, in order to make money online too, because I had left my job as a waiter, I had no money and business was my passion.

All Affiliate Programs say that it is easy to make money and they provide you with all the necessary tools, suddenly I said: This is the opportunity of my life, the programs are free to join and I have nothing to lose. Believe me I was so excited that I could hardly sleep at night.

I began to join the first programs dreaming millions of dollars, I got my referrals links and started to promote my links everywhere I found a free advertising space but these free advertising took me to other programs of course always the same "make easy money" and I joined some of them. After a week I was member of at least 15 programs, working more than 11 hours per day.

My wife was very angry with me because I did not have time for her, the only things that I had in mind were the programs and the dollars I would make.

After a couple of weeks with a lot of programs and still no money the confusion in my head was tremendous, it was hard to remember all the programs I had joined, ID and password, my inbox was full of mails everyday with tons of offers. I thought that something was going wrong and tried to organize the work but at this point everything was very difficult. I was tired and with a terrible backache, but to give up is not my style.

I tried for weeks to improve my situation and to understand what was happening, if other people had made money why me not? There was no answer to my question. I thought that it was not for me, that I was not able to do this work. From the bottom of my soul something told me try, try and try, I continued to research and found a very interesting site that astonished me saying: "you'll get your money making site for free", you know 100% customizable, several streams of income in autopilot a lot of testimonials and so on.

I read the whole site 10 or 12 times, the guy seemed honest and I tried to imagine how I could make money with this site. The situation was five affiliate programs to join, only one with a monthly fee
($ 30.00) and around $ 40.00 between domain and hosting, 24/7 training and support and some bonus, I thought for a little while and decided to take part and risk some money I would get my own site ready to "make easy money".

After two days everything was in my hands, the big day had arrived and I did not lose one second went to the step by step guide (high quality) where he explained how to start. Everything was set up - a free autoresponder (suggestion upgrade ), campaigns to launch, pre written ezines and much more.

The point was that I had to spend thousands of dollars in adsense, solo ads, launching campaigns, upgrading the autoresponder and in order to customize my site I had to upgrade my account. I knew almost nothing about html, autoresponders and traffic generation and a lot of people were in my same situation.

As I had no money all these things were impossible to do for me, my life was a complete disaster and my dreams were gone with the wind. I was deeply afflicted and my wife wanted to divorce, what a terrible frustration.

Q- How many mistakes?

A- It is not possible to count them.

Let us see my situation after 4 months of intensive work

- Unemployed

- Still no money

- A big crisis with my wife

- A lot of affiliate programs

- In box full of mails even spam

- Around $ 550.00 spent

- Nobody on my list

- Zero traffic to my site

As you see I had fallen into the trap.

I felt like a fool who trusted everybody and had wasted four months of his life. At the same time I realized that in all those hours of long work and research I obtained experience and learned how the system works, then something good could happen....

Draw your own conclusions from my mistakes trying to work from home.

Moral : There is always something behind the scenes. You need an x-ray vision or you will fall into the trap.

The second part coming soon.

My Mistakes And Experiences With I.M.

P.V. Reymond is an Internet Marketer author and publisher, who was walking with the crowd, learning how big marketers treat the customers and how the customers want to be treated. He has gone deep in the Internet Marketing Business and now he is helping people to build and develop business. His Free Internet Marketing Education is a good place for people that want to have a business online or want to increase their income. He is giving tips, advises, mini courses and much more. All for Free. To discover it, visit:

Free Internet Marketing Education